This roasted vegetable side is the perfect addition to a cozy winter dinner. It combines brussels sprouts, carrots and onions with the sweet tartness of apples; all of which are roasted in a sweet and spicy garlic glaze. I was going to include some new fact I learned about brussels sprouts and how good they are, however the more surprising thing I learned was that it’s spelled brussels sprouts…with an ‘s’ at the end of brussels. Am I the only one who has been saying brussel sprouts their whole life? (ignore the spelling error in my picture…ha!)
This recipe was born one night when I had no idea what to make and had a very limited supply of fresh vegetables but did have brussel sprouts (which Mr. P seem to always buy and then I have no idea what to do with!). If your like me you always have apples (to add to your packed lunch) and carrots and onions (because they last so long without going bad). So all of these items were combined and roasted up for dinner and it ended up being quite delicious. How I love happy endings!
Apple-Carrot Brussel Sprout Bake
Prep Time: 10min
Cook Time: 25min
Keywords: bake side gluten-free soy-free vegan nut-free brussel sprouts apple carrot
- 1 apple
- 2 carrots
- 7-8 brussel sprouts
- 1/2 medium onion
- ¼- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 ½ tsp canola oil
- Pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Chop apple, brussel sprouts, carrot and onion.
3. Combine apple and vegetables in a bowl with remaining ingredients and mix until vegetables are evenly coated.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are fork-tender and brussel sprouts are caramelizing.
Enjoy! xo Jessica